Home Baked Half Marathon
Friday, March 16, 2012
I woke up today ready to do the HM and it was raining. The weather will be better tomorrow, and I'm going to do this thing no matter what. When it stopped I ran a couple miles, just to see how muddy the dirt roads were and I think it will be OK by morning. It was drizzling by the time I got home, but that's supposed to be over for a few days.
Coincidentally, the Jeff Galloway Newsletter came this morning and it had a bit about half marathons:
"Why has the Half Marathon (13.1) become so popular?
* Even after a difficult 13.1 mile (21K) race, runners can usually celebrate than evening.
* Beginners who yearn to run a marathon see this distance as the first big step.
* Marathoners find that the "half" keeps them in shape for their next "full."
* The distance is enough of a challenge to keep runners focused and energized.
* Increasing long runs towards a Half Marathon results in faster times at 5K, 10K, etc.
* For "back-of-the-packers" and walkers, many half marathon events have a "friendlier" time limit."
And then, more coincidence: Alysia's Cardio Challenge for this weekend is to do an hour of intervals. livefitrevolution.org/?p
I can incorporate them into the end of my loop.
The universe is my cheerleader.