Goodness! It's been almost three months since I blogged. Work is very busy, and after sitting in front of the computer all day, I just don't want to look at the screen for fun. The last few months haven't been bad, but I have stalled out a bit.
1. Say good-bye to one item a day, and if something comes in, something goes out = 366 fewer items.
WAY off track. To get back on track, I need to lose some weight and say good-bye to a few dress sizes.
2. Read one pleasure book a week that meets the requirements to donate to the prison program = 52 books a year.
This is one goal where I'm doing well. I read 12 books last month and have read four so far this month. I just finished the Alan Bradley's Flavia DeLuce series and Brit Bennett's The Vanishing Half. All engrossing reading. I'm currently reading an exhaustive history of the United States' relationship with the Middle East called Power, Faith, and Fantasy. I'll let you know ....
Total for 2020: 46
3. Happiness Planner project.
Completed!! I review it periodically for inspiration.
4. I will try one new recipe each week.
I've had several successes lately. Here is my second attempt at the America's Test Kitchen chicken with warm bread salad recipe. As some of you might recall, I attempted it a few months ago, and it was an unmitigated disaster. This time - it turned out great!
I also tried a Nigella chicken recipe. It was supposed to use thyme, but I couldn't find any, and I used sage. Great decision! This was delicious.
And after enjoying the chicken, I made a huge pot of soup stock and froze some for later.
5. Skin care.
I've been masking periodically, but I can definitely do more.
6. Study French 30 minutes a day.
Nope. I need to be more disciplined.
7. Challenging myself to a no-spend month. Rent, utilities, a set food budget and - that's it, barring a genuine emergency.
I've been doing this for a few months now, and it's been uneven. I think I'm doing better each month as I get better at not spending money and doing without.
Stay safe! Stay strong! Be well!