Me? A Motivator? Well Dang.
Wednesday, September 02, 2020
I woke up this morning to find that SparkPeople designated me "Today's Featured Motivator"! Rarely do I tear up over an email but my espresso is just a little salty this morning. I feel like such a little part of this great big sparky universe that being featured for anything is more than humbling. But I am also taking this seriously so I have changed my September goals a bit to focusing on being a motivator.
My promises to myself to be fulfilled in September
1. One thousand minutes of aerobics (running, walking, biking, and Wii Just Dance) I sat this same goal for the first time in August and surprised myself by surpassing it over 10% 1,000 minutes sounds like a lot but chunking it down to 250 minutes a week sounds much more doable. And then when you break it down even farther, that is not even 35 minutes a day.
2. I am starting Bridge to 10k on Friday. My running goal is to "run" 60 minutes without slowing to a walk by the end of September. Okay "slowing to a walk" is a misnomer since I run about the same spreed as I walk quickly. The magic though is in the bounciness of running.
3. Show up and log into Sparkpeople every single day. Measure and weigh every single bite BEFORE putting it in my mouth.
4. My weight loss goal is 1.5 pounds a week so 6 pounds by the end of September. This would get me down to 185 or 30 pounds down from May.
5. And the official "big goal" for September is to focus on being a motivator. This one is a little tougher to quantify. But I can make this measurable by promising myself to blog 10 times in September and to read and comment on the blogs of at least 30 blog posts by other Sparkers. (I will need to track this one on a sticky because I don't think there is a report in Sparkpeople on the blogs I read and comment on)
So those are my 5 goals in September. I feel good about them - challenging but not overwhelming, measurable, and all designed to push me forward towards my ideal life of health, fun and community involvement.