It's hard to believe this year is almost 5/6 gone. I am still plugging along, although I have not accomplished as much as I'd wanted. There's still time, though!
1. Say good-bye to one item a day, and if something comes in, something goes out = 366 fewer items.
Still off-track, but I caught up more again this week. I donated six boxes to the local Veterans group this week, and they even called me to thank me for the nice things and for boxing them up so well. I've already scheduled another pick up for late December, so I need to keep going.
2. Read one pleasure book a week that meets the requirements to donate to the prison program = 52 books a year. Updated to 75 books.
I read three books this week, finishing a history of the United States engagement in the Middle East and the economics book I started last week. I also decided it's been years since I read the classics, and it would be fun to revisit them. I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, which is so much richer than the streamlined film narrative. I think she was only a teenager when she penned it, and I am in awe at how she wrote a gripping story with such deep themes.
Total for 2020: 64
3. Happiness Planner project. emoticon
Completed!! I review it periodically for inspiration.
4. I will try one new recipe each week.
This week, I tried a new recipe for French Onion soup. I actually batch cooked most of today and have fresh lemonade, French onion soup, soup stock, chicken, beef, and veggie dishes ready to go for the week.
5. Skin care
I bought a masque kit that I'm going to try this week.
6. Study French 30 minutes a day.
Still not doing what I need to do for this one. I let time get away and am too tired when I finally get to it.
7. Challenging myself to a no-spend month. Rent, utilities, a set food budget and - that's it, barring a genuine emergency.
Oof. I lost my way a little bit yesterday but am back on the wagon today.
Have a great week!