This is an excerpt from my journal. Another entry listed goals. Below are some of the steps I will take to reach those goals. Lists create clarity and simplify the plan.
Everyone's plan will look different. This one works for me.
Steps to reach goals:
1. Be consistent. Long term success depends on it.
2. Continue intermittent fasting. Schedule water fasting days.
3. Follow monthly meal menu. Aim for low carb.
4. No added sugar.
5. Follow exercise schedule Mon - Sat when home.
6. Go to bed before midnight.
7. Limit time spent on unsocial media and the news.
Learn to deal with the wobbles that can happen anytime.
Sometimes they happen after a successful period. Why?
1. Apathy. Need more variety.
2. After flexing for a special occasion. It's hard to get out of flex mode.
3. I do not have to eat when someone offers food. Do NOT take the path of least resistance.
4. Thoughts precede off-plan behavior. Stay alert to thoughts that may lead astray. Walk away from things that cause those thoughts (commercials, situations, people who live unhealthy and take me with them)
5. Winging it can throw me off-plan quicker than anything else. Make time for planning!
6. Stay connected through Spark, journaling, vision book, planning, reminders, research, videos, articles and books. Stay connected every day to keep focus sharp and stir up passion for healthy living.
7. Stressors will come. "God, give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.." -Reinhold Niebuhr
2020 was wobbly. I will continue in 2021 what I started in 2019.