See this image larger
Hello! Donna here. Took this pic with my computer program - Dell WebCam.

See this image larger
This is my wonderful hubby, Joe. God first, my heavenly Father. Joe, my rock here on earth.

See this image larger
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this storm.

go to goodies page
Candy Cane
go to goodies page
Miss You
go to goodies page

Interact with CNONNA58
Add as SparkFriend Send Private Message Leave Comment Recent Message
Board Posts

Hello to all. I am very glad to be part of your team. Thanks for your kind invitation. I am 58 years old. I am wife to a wonderful man, mother of two drown children and grandmother to 3 wonderful boys. My mean daughter made me a grandmother at the age of 39. I was not quite ready to be one so soon. Oh well, they are well worth it. I am kidding about my daughter of course. She was my first and I love her dearly. My parents are still living, thank God. I went to their 60th wedding anniversary last October. They are loving and great parents. I too am having problems with my digestive process. No one knows what. I've been x-x-rayed, poked and prodded, and just about everything you can think of by doctors that I didn't know existed. Fancy title doctors. Anyway, my last x-ray was outpatient to determine what might be happening. Then it was turned over to my doctor who sent me to one of the "fancy" doctors. I was told I had a "corkscrew" esophagus. Anyone heard of that? When I eat sometimes I get food stuck in my esophagus and it won't go down. I've taken medicine, drank water, eat a small amount of food to perhaps push it down. Nothing works and it hurts so much I tear up and wait. Finally I end up upchucking. The pain goes away and I can continue to eat. I usually can't eat anymore, who could after all that. I feel like an anorexic, which really makes me mad. No one has come up with a solution. The fancy doctor said it was a nerve problem. You have muscles along your esophagus that pushes your food down to your stomach. In my case, my nerves backfire and a muscle will contract out of sequence and so the food stops because it can't get past that spot. So there it sits. I only loose the food that was above that muscle. If anyone out there has or knows someone who has this condition, would you please let me know what your remedy is/was working for you. It has gotten worse and I can't hardly get through a day anymore without this happening during at least one of my meals. The fancy doctor put me on Prilosec ( It was OK for a short time and then became useless. The doctor gave me papers and etc regarding GERD and Acid Reflux. I don't think that is what I have. Only because I've never heard of anyone having the same problem. I am paraplegic due to a tumor inside my spinal cord. It was found with an MRI and I had surgery June 10, 1995. I came out of surgery paralyzed from my waist down. The tumor was thought to be completely removed IT was discovered in 1997 during a followup MRI for my tumor that was removed. So I had a second surgery in 1997. They put in a shunt because the first tumor was very small but it had created a cyst sack and it was growing up my spine. So the tumor came back again, however a shunt was put in to stop the cyst from growing again. I was told I had a 95% chance there would be no complications. Unfortunately I fell into the 5%. I've been slightly underweight all my life. Since I've been in a wheelchair I have no idea how much I weigh. All I know is I couldn't fit my bum into my wheelchair. Now I have a new chair. I believe my weight gain is due to depression and the lack of not being able to do the exercises that would benefit the lower half of my body. I can't weigh myself or exercise. I do exercise the upper part of my body and I have very strong upper body strength. I'm in need of support. This website is for people who need to change their old habits they have gotten away with for years and now need support changing their bad habits to good ones. I could really use some help on the "GERD" or "corkscrew" problem. I want to, someday, be able to help others with this problem too.

My Profile Picture was taken at the 1986 Buttons & Bows, Silks & Satins Fashion Show, sponsored by PEO, Chapter BB Society. It is a organization that supports the elderly. My boss's wife was a member and she asked me to wear this gown. I was the only one she knew who was thin enough. It was for an 18" waist. Thank goodness I had to wear the corset too. I was really stretching it, but they finally got me buttoned up. LOL The gown was worn by Caroline Scott Harrison. She was the 1st wife of President Benjamin Harrison (1832-1892). She wore it to her husband's Inaugural Ball in 1832. She was the First Lady who started the White House china collection. They had 2 children. She died in 1891, a few months before her husband's term ended. Pres. Harrison married her niece in 1896 and they had 1 child. My boss's next door neighbor was Bill Harrison. He is a descendant of President Harrison. He had furniture, art, clothes, etc. that has come down through the many years.

Thank you for reading this and God bless you all,

CNonna58 (a.k.a. Donna)

Member Since: 3/11/2008

Fitness Minutes: 0

My Goals:
Meet people I can relate to who know first hand what real committment means. And loose a few pounds too. I've always been thin and I feel better when I'm slimmer. Sitting in a wheelchair hasn't helped.

My Program:
I'm watching the ingredients in everything I put in my mouth. I say no to seconds. And I no longer lick the frosting off the cake platter when the cake is gone.

Personal Information:
I am originally from Kansas City, MO. I've been here in Colorado for almost 30 years. My family is still in KC. I have a loving husband, 2 children and 3 grandsons. They live here in Colorado too. I have my parents, 3 sisters, their husbands and children in KC. I get back to see them every year when I can. My parents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. God bless them for being my example in life.

Other Information:
I love Jane Austin. She writes the most interresting books and I was amazed when I learned that Clueless was based on her book, Emma. There is at least one more recent movie that is based on that book too, but it doesn't come to me right now. LOL I also love Thomas Kincaid paintings and looking at snowcapped mountains. Just looking.

Read More About CNONNA58 - Profile Information moved here.

Shown if member clicks "Read More"

(Shown after Message Board Posts)
Add a Link
Save Changes
My Ticker:
 current weight: 127.0 
Login to Leave Comment
  • v VHASKEW36
    Hey Donna, stopping by to say hello and wish you a terrific Thursday. God bless, Ginny (grieving cat lovers, Christian living, and Christian living #4)
    4459 days ago
  • v VHASKEW36
    Dropping by this beautiful morning to say Happy Easter. God bless, ginny

    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
    4492 days ago
  • v FAITH0405
    Hi!! How are things going for you? Are you sparking away those pounds?? emoticon

    I pray that all is well with you!

    The Bible Reading series, and Devotionals will be starting again tomorrow. In order to get us back on track to finish by the end of the year, the first few days will have two days in one. For those of you that have participated before, the first week may be a repeat for you. Hope your able to join in!

    Stay strong, and keep climbing that mountain!! The view from the top is going to be wonderful!!

    God Bless,
    Christian Living 2009 leader
    4568 days ago
  • v VHASKEW36
    Merry Christmas may your day be filled with joy and blessings. Ginny
    4600 days ago
    One day at a time!! You can do it!!!
    4637 days ago
Member Comments (37):  123Next >Last >>