New Self vs Old Self
Monday, September 06, 2010
Yep I did it another 5K! My goal was not to be last and complete the race---well I wasn't last and I did complete the race!
Now how does this fit in with new vs old? Yes, I completed the race but I had lots of doubts about it..I'm soooo out of shape and what you might say in the "old" me right now looking toward the "new" me. I want the new but the determination to reach the new is a flickering spark...I need a FLAME. I want next year not to have the goal of being last and completing the race but beat my time (which shouldn't be that difficult!)
So with the 5K under my belt I've been thinking about what I want out of this challenge?
1. I want to have energy. I'm tired all the time! I want a Spark back in my LIFE!
2. I want to be able (for now) to wear an XL comfortably! Right now I'm wearing 2XL's and sometimes even those are tight : ( For the race when I signed up last spring I thought I'd be able to wear an XL by now and well I wasn't so I was stretching that fabric out the night before the race so I'd feel comfortable in my shirt! (poor fabric)
3. I want to consistently keep up with exercising (walking) so that I'm not huffing and puffing to walk or go up stairs! I want to get in 10 minutes a day + some but on those crazy days get in a 10!
4. I want to eat healthy meals, not junk and quick fixes to get me by!
5. My goal is to actually lose weight Not Stay the Same or Gain---but LOSE WEIGHT. So I'd like to lose between 12 to 20 pounds in the next 10 to 12 weeks and keep it off and be able to move to the next step on my weight loss journey with out the REBOUND!
So here you are my goals and feelings for now with a desire to be healthy and fit.
I already drink the water so that is not an issue or something that has been holding me back I just haven't been pushing myself and find it easy to not do the right things as I've never been athletic or excited about exercise...but I know in my CANDYHEART that I need to do this for me.....updates to follow! Wish me luck..and Pray! Thanks!