It seemed like this list, which I had first written out in longhand, would never be finished. I did promise you I would blog about my goals, but since I am such a perfectionista, I kept working on it and working on it some more....and I finally decided, screw it, this is good enough. A list like this can never be perfect anyway; it's just a work in progress, just as we are.
So here are my goals for 2011, in no particular order:
1. Make more and new Recipes from Spark recipes and other sites, to add more health and variety to my meals. I feel like I am getting in a rut since I always try to cater to “their pickinesses” in my family so we always eat essentially the same thing.
2. Log in every day. I usually do this anyway, but during my busy holiday season I couldn’t be real active on the site, but I want to be consistent except where it’s absolutely unavoidable.
3. Log food every day. This is the Holy Grail for me. If I don’t do this I go off the rails guaranteed.
4. Lift weights 3 times a week. Lift heavy to get strong and build some definition!
5. Cardio 3-5 times a week to keep the fat off and build stamina.
6. Learn something new every day.
7. Log into my Team Spark Daily every day and post a message there.
8. Keep active on my other teams. I left some teams and added others and I want to make a contribution to the teams I am on. If they don’t seem like a good fit I will leave them. Too many teams feels “cluttered” to me.
9. Add and keep in touch with meaningful friends. Again, at the end of the year I removed some folks from my page who evidently are no longer active, or if for other reasons I felt I was not connecting with them. Just to feel uncluttered, relevant and updated.
10. Get back to blogging all my workouts. It really helps me push myself in the gym if I know I am broadcasting the results here.
11. Continue and reinforce actions that will minimize the number of fibromyalgia flares I experience. For me, this includes getting plenty of sleep, avoiding stress, junk food, alcohol, and even overdoing it with the working out.
12. Drink more water. This is sooo hard for me to follow through on, especially in the winter. It seems like I am peeing all the time as it is; I can’t imagine drinking more. I do drink a lot in the gym though.
13. Go to my ticker and BE HONEST, put it to where I really am...I'm up to 159, not 154 anymore (that was my weight before the holidays, alas). My immediate goal is to get to the low 150's again then work on maintaining even as I get in better and better shape.
On my team Spark Daily someone brought up the idea of a little mini fashion show among our members...I have a couple of pix to contribute. I wanted to show off a couple of dresses, but I haven't had a chance to put them on. I will try to do it soon, though. Here are a couple of casual outfits:
I call this my Catwoman outfit. I never would have dreamed of wearing anything like this a year ago, LOL. The belt was a gag for Halloween, but I actually wear it. Kind of like a throwback to the 80s, when I'd wear studded cuffs and dog collars to Guns n Roses concerts and whatnot.
After a workout.
This was taken in August, so it's not real relevant for now, I guess. But I like the shorts now, I wish I could be wearing them!