Determined to do it!
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
A bit of a mess up yesterday. I was all set to go to the mild circuit training class, drove down to the rec centre only to find I had messed up and I was at the wrong rec centre! Oh well, I will go to a different class tonight instead – and will double check and triple check the venue and time before I leave work!
I am still feeling bad and guilty about the weekend which is just stupid. There’s nothing I can do about it. Perhaps writing about it and how it makes me feel, long after the hangover wears off will make me less likely to make the same, very obvious mistakes again.
So, how do I feel:
• Not as confident – it has knocked my “I can do it” attitude, that’s for sure.
• Worried – about the results of the scales on Friday.
• Tired – it was a late night, alcohol does not help my sleep patterns and with the kids I don’t get a chance to catch up.
• Annoyed – with myself for eating the cheesecake, big mac and fish and chips
• Stupid – how could I keep doing this?
These are all pretty negative feelings. So, how can I turn them around?
• Learn from my mistakes – chose not to eat these things that will make me sick and give me diabetes and other health problems.
• Drink a glass of water after every glass of wine – not only will I increase my water intake, but it will lessen the effects of the wine (and will reduce the likelihood of a weakened resolve), I will feel better in the morning – and I won’t be able to drink as much volume of wine.
• Ensure there are healthy comfort foods available for me when I do drink to decrease the likelihood of my bad choices.
• Dance more! I love dancing so I will try to increase the likelihood of dancing when I drink by suggesting Wii dance or fitness games as fun to do when drinking, or go to places that have dance floors and go with my girl friend who likes to dance, as well as Mark who doesn’t!
I was still picking at food before bed last night. I have moved my new crochet bag and book to the side of the coach but I need to open it and get started!
I need to work on my visual collage too... I need to visualise being in Australia, visiting friends and family for the first time in over 18 months and looking great and being slim. I need to visualise doing healthy activities with my family. I want to be able to buy clothes that I really like and feel confident in them, not pick fat clothes that older people wear.
I am nearly 20kgs heavier than when I left Australia in February last year... I want to be 15kgs lighter than when I left! I just did the calculations... I need to lose 0.89kgs per week to get to my goal for Australia. This is a big challenge. But it’s not impossible. I have given myself similar goals and targets before but always fallen by the wayside after a few weeks of not reaching the target. I am more determined this time – I have more tools available. SparkPeople and Wii dance will get me there (OK, so will the fitness classes, fitness DVDs and generally doing the exercise component I have never really done properly before).
I am tracking what I eat and definitely drinking way more water. I am exercising every day, even if some days this is just a 10 minute regular walk to public transport but at faster speeds! I’m also excited about writing, even though I feel like I am just nervously dipping my toe in at the moment.
I CAN do this... I really want to do this and I really need to do this.