Do you have a skinny kitchen?
Sunday, April 10, 2011
I was reading an article about how to stock a "Skinny Kitchen" and it stated that you should always have at least 6 "go-to" foods/meals on hand (healthy of course!). This really makes a lot of sense because I know that for me personally, when I run out of certain things, I tend to make worse eating choices. I'm always looking for new ideas so let's see what your foods are!
Here are mine (I did meals since there's no way I could narrow down to just 6 particular foods!):
1. My homemade "Super Salsa" (tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, jalapenos, radishes, limes) I eat this at least once on most days, sometimes more!
2. My homemade "Mexican Meatloaf" (ground chicken breast, super salsa from above, reduced fat shredded mexican cheese, fat-free sour cream, eggs, Quaker Guacamole tortillaz) This is probably my favorite meal :)
3. Non-fat plain yogurt w/Jell-O sugar-free, fat-free Cheesecake pudding mix and a Granny Smith apple (favorite snack)
4. PB2 (chocolate) on an Arnold multi-grain sandwich thin w/banana and strawberries
5. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts slow-cooked in crockpot w/BBQ sauce, then shredded, served over either whole wheat pasta with reduced-fat cheddar cheese, or mixed salad greens.
Hmmm... coffee is not a food right? What about Gu?
6. Original vegan boca burgers w/laughing cow light creamy french onion cheese and Asian stir-fry veggies with sesame oil.
If you look at my food tracker (prior to this past week - I had a really bad week), you'll see that I basically eat those same things all the time. Or I have those same ingredients in different combinations.