6 Weeks in the BLC20 - Halfway Check Up
Monday, October 22, 2012
When I started the BLC20, I set specific goals for myself. I'm going to revisit them here:
1. Stay in touch with my Fellow Falcons. I feel as if I have been doing that! I try to do it daily either on the chat thread, by posting a comment on their page or blog, or by commenting on theur friend feed,
2. Track my food daily. Definitely yes! By tracking my food, I hold myself accountable. This also helps me learn more about a variety of foods that I can eat. I continue to have difficulty reaching appropriate levels of Potassium, although I almost always stay within my limits for calories, protein, fat, carbs, and fiber.
3. Track my fitness daily. Definitely yes!! This is just as important as tracking your nutrients. I've learned that I can push my body a bit and that I actually enjoy strength training!
4. Lose 15 pounds during the BLC20. I've currently lost 12 pounds!! Woo Hoo!! I'm going to keep pushing! It would be awesome if I could lose that much again the second 6 weeks, but I'm not going to set that as a new goal. Work has become stressful, and it's not going to get better in the next 6 weeks.
5. Fitness: 30 minutes a day minimum. Definitely doing this as well!
6. Participation in extra challenges. I pick and choose which ones to do. Certain GOYB challenges I cannot do...yet. I love the Weekend Challenges, the LCW, and the TNT challenges!
What I've learned and how it's going to impact the next 6 weeks:
I need SLEEP. I know that my body retains fluid when I don't get enough sleep, so a new goal I'm setting for the next 6 weeks is to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, especially Sunday through Thursday! Can't have teacher sleeping in class, now, can we?
Tracking nutrition and fitness HELPS SO MUCH!!
WATER: I don't know if we just need to be well hydrated, or if water actually flushes junk out of our systems, but I DO know that if I drink between 10-14 glasses a day, I feel great!! As I empty another 16.9 oz. bottle of Poland Spring.....
SUPPORT: I'm not doing this alone. My team mates, the Ivory Falcons, have been encouraging me every step of the way! My other SP friends have been a tremedous help. My coworkers have consistently praised my efforts and encourage me with their wonderful comments. It all helps, and I am thankful to every single one of you!!
Here's to the next 6 weeks in the BLC20! Let's make it an awesome time!!