Move it #3
Sunday, July 05, 2020
It's been a busy week, but I haven't checked everything off of my to do list that I had hoped to. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and just not getting very far. Like walking the wrong way on one of those airport moving sidewalks. What's done will just have to be enough though b/c I need to pack today and I'm heading out this afternoon.
I'm trying not to stress myself out, but I'm not succeeding. I'm actually in the middle of a pre-trip freak out. Trying to organize my thoughts a little bit before I jump on what needs to be done today. My tracker watch says my heart rate is unusually high for me, and the stress indicator says I'm under stress. When my watch stresses out, it makes me feel more stressed. I really shouldn't let my watch dictate my feelings. I felt ok this morning until I looked at my overnight stats. I really like the exercise tracker part of the watch, and have grown to like the text message option on the watch - but I think I really need to consider going back to something with just a step tracker.
Goal vs Reality
1. Gym/fitness class every day - I'll have a long break the next week so it's important I go every single day this week - did this, but I do still need to go to the gym before I leave today.
2. Finish the upstairs of my house (kitchen, my room, boy's room, and clean the hallway and stairs carpets). I can work on the basement when we get back. - nope. Got my room done, son's room and kitchen only partially done, waiting to do hall and stairs carpets until last. That means more to do the week we get back.
3. Move the old dryer for easier removal and clean the space where the new one goes for delivery. - Done! New dryer in and working
4. Yardwork the day before we leave so I don't come back to a jungle - I'm going to come back to a jungle. It rained 1.5 inches last night (which is like 10% of our annual precipitation) so the grass is too wet to cut. I'm not happy about it, but it's out of my control. I will just have to plan to cut it first thing when I get back.
5. Pedicure on Friday (yay!) plus I need a couple of pairs of shorts so I'll need to hit a store while I'm out of town. The fewer stops the better, but I've had zero luck with shorts I've ordered online so I'm just going to have to pick a store, mask up, and be quick. - I found one pair of shorts and I don't even like them that much but I needed something for the trip. If I'm going to be outside in 90+ weather I need shorts even if they aren't my favorites. The pedicure was nice though.
This coming week is a week off from house stuff, but we have crammed a lot of activities into just a few days (lots of outside stuff where staying away from other people won't be a problem) so by the time I get back I'll need a vacation from my vacation. The day we get back I"ll need to unpack and do laundry, mow the yard, do a formal workout and then give myself 24 hours or so to just do absolutely nothing before I jump back into my cleaning project.
Ok - While I've been writing, the back of my brain has been working out a plan of attack for today so I'm off to do that. Have a great week all!