Excuses, excuses, excuses
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Excuses, excuses, excuses!
Here are some of my favourites for not working out:
1. It's raining out (LOL, rain is a fact of life where I live)
2. I have an important deadline to meet
3. I will work out later in the day
4. (Later that same day) I'm so tired, I had such a hard day, I couldn't possibly...
5. Skipping one workout cannot set me back that far
6. My body hurts (LOL I'm over 40, that too is a fact of life)
7. I'm bored with these workouts, Iet me look for something new and exciting...
8. I'm out of workout clothes (my sneakers need washing, etc etc)
9. Oh no, it's too late - no use starting since I won't be able to complete the workout now
10. I just don't feel like!
I am sure I can find 100 excuses if I really tried. When I work out, it always comes down to this: I choose to. The excuses are meant to soften the blow of "I choose to not workout."
To counter that list, I have my let's get it done list. Here are a few of my tried-and-true:
1. Exercise makes me feel powerful during and after
2. Even when I can't fit into my favourite clothes I can still do my favourite workouts
3. Exercise sets my mood for the day to positive and strong
4. Exercise helps me to make better food choices (all that sweating and huffing can't be in vain)
5. Exercise takes my mind off of my to-do list and deadlines (Yay!)
6. Get out the workout clothes the night before
7. Choose the workout the night before (preferably the weekend before)
8. I can work out indoors when it rains (duh!)
9. I have never regretted a single workout 30+ years (save for that one time when I injured myself because I did not warm up enough)
10. Remember why I'm working out (100 highly personal reasons ranging from health scares to absolute vanity)
I hope you choose to workout today.