New Year's goals at 6 months
Tuesday, June 01, 2021
These are the goals I set for myself in 2021:
1. Make meal planning a habit.
2. Fit in a size 20 by June
3. Finish Albert and Mary (biography of my grandparents been working on it since 2012)
drafts by Feb
ready by May
4. Write "All about Jesus" VBS lessons by June
5. Pitch the trash in the attic
6. Clean though paper files
7. Reach level 15 on Spark People (need to average about 50 points a day)
8. Make "We Celebrate....every Lord's day" VBS program available by Feb
9. Post 1 blog a week (this is at my personal blog "Life, Libraries, Lutherans, and Life with Latif")
10. Keep up weekly Writers Club (Hubby and I have in the past and want to do again, a one night a week where we turn off the TV and both work on our own writing projects) We skipped last week because I was in pain.)
1 I was doing great and then I stopped because I took a trip to visit the folks and slowly I'm getting back to posting a menu--following it is a whole other issue, but it does help to at least have a plan.
2 didn't happen. Maybe by December if I keep doing what I'm doing. May was a bad month. Giant nothing, but I'm here and I still looking at the goals and haven't given up.
3. lets just not talk about this one. I did get the first four chapters in good enough form to give to my Mom on her 80th birthday. It's a far cry from where I wanted to be on this project but I can't seem to bring myself to pull out all the paper work and get cracking on it.
4. didn't meet this deadline either, but there is a hard deadline coming up in a month and if I don't get it done by that point I'll have many many folks upset with me since we're doing this program in July.
5. missed the big city deadline in April for free pickup so now It needs to go out in bits. I should just start to pull out the smaller stuff each week and get it out of my house. Originally I thought we might be moving this summer, but the housing market is such that we're probably going to stay put. (we are renters--were thinking of moving to owners)
6. I made a start this last weekend. I try to clean out all the files once a year. I just need to do this one.
7. Still on track to do this. Yep--This is part of why I'm still trying and didn't completely give up last month. totally arbitrary yet helpful goal.
8. Totally didn't happen. Too late to be useful to anyone this summer, but maybe I'll get it together before the end of the year.
9. This one just stopped. I managed to keep it up for a while, but I don't have many readers and I'm feeling like the whole things is so self absorbed to be any good. Not sure if I'll bring it back or not. Kind of feel like other writing projects are more important but this blog and my daily journal are about the only regular writing I do these days.
10. never started, never happened. Hubby is very supportive of this--shoot he's always working on writing projects at night, but I get home and just don't feel like it. Not sure how to convince myself to change.
There there is it. Almost all the ones with a mid year deadline I have failed to meat the deadline, but I still have not completely given up on the goal.
Anyone else having better success?